Declare his glory among the nations,
The Missions Team strives to stimulate our congregation to a worldwide perspective of Christ’s call to love and serve others. The team works to educate Trinity members so that we all share a vision of mission which spreads the Gospel, feeds the hungry, advocates for the powerless, responds to disasters, trains new leaders for ministry, and works in accompaniment with Christians around the world. Our primary focus is with Lutheran ministries, especially those of the ELCA and its partners in ministry. We encourage your participation and questions; fill out the form below to get involved!
Look for these special events throughout the year to support our Missions ministries.
• Fair Trade Sales to benefit small farmers Each month we sell “Equal Exchange” coffee, tea, oil, and candy. Buying these fairly traded products helps provide fair remuneration for the farmers. Proceeds (over our cost) are sent to ELCA World Hunger.
• Bread Weekend During our annual Bread Sunday/Bread Weekend in August, folks can “buy” homemade breads/bread goods, learn facts about hunger, and give special offerings to support ELCA World Hunger programs.
• ELCA Good Gifts This program offers more than 50 gift-giving options, starting at just $10, that provide direct support for the churchwide ministries of the ELCA.
• Lenten Self-Denial boxes The offerings we receive go support a designated ministry.
• Giving Tree Project The offerings we receive go support a designated ministry.
Our hands around the world
Meet our missionaries and global partners carrying out God’s work around the world.
Missionaries Curtis and Katie Kline, Columbia Curtis accompanies the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Columbia to promote and protect human rights and build peace. Katie serves with the Church’s youth and women’s ministries. Follow their ministry at http://8000feetandcounting.blogspot.com.
Missionaries Joe and Deborah Troester, Zambia The Rev. Deborah Troester serves as the Facilitator for Leadership Development with the Evangelical Lutheran church in Zambia. The Troesters live in Lusaka , Zambia.
Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church, Rocky Boy’s Indian Reservation Trinity is a ministry partner with this Native American ELCA congregation. It is located on the Rocky Boy’s Reservation in north central Montana which is home to the Chippewa Cree tribe. Started in 1920, this congregation serves the community through worship, youth programs, a sewing /craft group, year-round cross-cultural immersion events and servant groups for all ages, and provides space for other activities of the community as a whole.
On Eagle’s Wings Ministries Trinity supports this ecumenical Christian ministry that serves people in more than 40 remote communities in Canada’s Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
Companion Synod: Konde Diocese, Tanzania We support the pastor’s fund and scholarships at Manow Lutheran Junior Seminary, similar to a high school and junior college.