Missions Report – Submitted by Mary Ellen Hettinger Next meeting on 01.19.22. No meeting in December but we did have a very successful Giving Tree Program for 2021 with $4700 in collections for all ministries from Missions and Community Outreach. Thank you, Trinity members, for your generous giving!
Capital Appeal Financial Subcommittee Report – Submitted by Bob Frymoyer Next meeting on Tbd. Highlights:
1) Appeal fund balance of nearly $20,000.
2) Receipts for December of nearly $15,000.
3). Monthly debt service of $4100. Loan balance of $172,000.
4) Approximately $50,000 in remaining adjusted pledges
with an estimated $40,000 to be realistically expected.
5). We are planning to maintain an appeal fund balance of at least
$10,000, which represents the $6,000 in interest due this year on
our loan plus a reserve $4,000 of one monthly payment.
6). THE BIG NEWS is that with the above we are NOW able to
Inform the congregation that EVERY dollar given to the appeal
will be used to reduce the debt, DOLLAR for DOLLAR. This has
been Instrumental in stimulating additional giving in the past
and we are hopeful this will again happen.
7). With Stephanie Maurer we are undertaking media blasts to
Inform the congregation of the above and encourage giving.
So, please SHARE the BIG NEWS! Pass it around and exhibit
leadership through your own additional giving!
Worship Team Facilitator Report – Submitted by Jane Killian Next meeting on February 23, 2022. It will be seven years in May since I began as Worship Team Facilitator. Council, with my help, should actively seek a new facilitator who attends and will advocate for both Contemporary and Traditional worship services.
December 14, 2021 Meeting Reports
Capital Appeal Financial Subcommittee Report – Submitted by Bob Frymoyer Next meeting on Tbd. Summary points for November
1) Appeal balance of $9363 after paying back internal loans of $7,500 to budgetary reserve account and $35,000 to operating reserve balance.
2) Receipts of $11,200 for November plus $10,000 from Ron Katzman bequest.
3 Continued monthly debt service payment of$4100 for the next 4.5 years.
4) Approximately $60,000 in remains adjusted pledges with $50,000 to be realistically expected.
5) Monthy beyond pledge giving as well as non-pledged giving continues.
6) By holding $6,000 in appeal fund ,representing our interest due next year, we expect to be able to announce that all dollars given from January 1 on will applied to debt reduction dollar for dollar. We are planning a media initiative for this in January to encourage additional giving.
7) Loan balance is $179,000.
Arts Team Facilitator Report – Submitted by Mary Haar Next meeting on Tbd. It was wonderful to see the nave full for the Harrisburg Singer concert and Christmas at Trinity.
Marcia Brown, Patty Marshall, and I will meet with Steve Kauffman in January to discuss the rehanging of the art work.
The end of 2021 was terrific for the Arts.
We look forward to what 2022 brings.